A Quality of Life Among the Best
There is no better place to live than in Virginia, with its mix of rich history, diverse relaxation and recreation options, the most modern technologies and its quintessential Southern charm. In fact, Forbes.com ranks Virginia 6th best quality of life in its "Best States for Business 2016".
Here are just some of the reasons Virginians are proud to call this state their home:
Cost of Living
- Moderate, affordable cost of living that in many categories falls below the national average.
- Modest combined state and local sales tax is either 5.3 or 6% (depending upon the locality).
- Moderate four-season climate.
- Landscape variety from Atlantic beaches to the Blue Ridge Mountains, with rural and big-city options.
- Over 500 miles of trails, 22 National Parks and 36 State Parks.
400 Years of History
- 400+ years of history, with world-class museums and the nation’s highest concentration of historical attractions including Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown National Battlefield, Monticello and numerous Civil War sites.
- A vibrant and diverse multi-cultural community.
Sports and Entertainment
- Live professional sporting events including NASCAR, football, baseball, hockey and basketball either within Virginia or just across the border.
- More than 360 golf courses, some of which are consistently ranked by Golf Magazine and Golf Digest.
- A burgeoning wine culture, with over 280 wineries and dozens of wine trails surrounded by lavish scenery, breathtaking views, quaint small towns and monumental historic sites.
- True local flavor at more than 185 craft breweries, restaurants and bars and offers several “brew trails” with beautiful scenery, delicious, locally sourced meals and some of Virginia’s finest craft beer.
- Some of the world’s finest shopping and restaurants.